Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tobago couple shot dead at home

 

Mom Killed Two suspects are being questioned in connection with Saturday’s shooting couple shot

deaths of Kenneth George, 67, and Daislyn Hunte, 57, of Antigua, at their Canaan Feeder Road, Tobago home.

During the early hours of  yesterday morning, the two Tobago men, both in their 30s, were held at separate locations.

Both have previous convictions, police said in a news conference held by Asst Commissioner Allan Crooks and Senior Supt John Millette at the Scarborough Police Station yesterday.

Crooks said a robbery motive had been ruled out, but the suspects were held after witnesses had spoken to police, and other information received.

’When we went to the home, there was a lot of cash and a lot of jewelry, and the house was not disturbed. So we are looking at some other motive,’ he said.

At the murder scene officers recovered, among other ammunition, six spent nine-millimetre shells and one live round.

Crooks noted that there are a lot of firearms in Tobago, but the police are working towards recovering most of the weapons in the shortest possible time.

Tobago, he said, remains a safe place for visitors and those living in Trinidad to visit, warning:

No comments:

Post a Comment